You hold your world and future in your hands
How is this therapy helpful for women?
“If a woman’s uterus is out of balance, so is she,” – Don Elijio Panti
These ligaments, when stressed or strained cause the uterus to become mal-positioned or tllted. When this happens, women experience a multitude of symptoms.
What are some of the symptoms of a displaced uterus?
- Painful or irregular periods; painful or irregular ovulation
- Dark or brown blood at the onset and at the end of menstruation
- Headache or migraine with period
- Varicose veins of the legs and/or tired, weak or numb legs
- Lower backache; back pain with period
- More serious imbalances including: Endometriosis, Uterine fibroids and
- Endometrial polyps
- Frequent urination; bladder infections, incontinence, incomplete voiding, dribbling
- Recurrent vaginal infections
- Chronic miscarriages
- Difficulty getting/staying pregnant/infertility
- Painful intercourse
- Chronic constipation
- Difficult menopause
Midwives and healers of Central America agree that most female troubles are caused by the wandering womb
What could cause a displaced uterus?
- Injury to the sacrum or tailbone from a fall, car accidents, etc
- Pelvic ligaments that have weakened due to overstretching during pregnancy and birth
- High impact exercise, running on cement surfaces, high impact aerobics, etc
- Lifting and carrying heavy objects before or during menstruation and too soon after child birth
- Time and gravity
- Past surgeries
- Weak pelvic floor muscles
- Chronic muscle spasm around the low back and sacrum
- Emotional armouring from abuse at anytime in life
What conditions can it help?
- Displaced or prolapsed uterus and/or bladder
- Incomplete emptying of bladder
- Painful periods and ovulation
- Irregular menstrual cycles and ovulation
- Bladder or yeast infections
- Miscarriages, difficult pregnancies
- Perimenopause, menopausal symptoms
- PMS/Depression with menstruation
- Ovarian cysts
- Uterine fibroids
- Abnormal uterine bleeding
- Enhances pregnancy, aids in labour and delivery
Is it recommended for all women?
“If a woman’s uterus is out of balance, so is she.” If the uterus and ovaries are removed – there is a vacuum within that has been filled by other organs and tissues slumping in. Almost every person, can benefit greatly from the Arvigo® Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy through its ability to aid improved circulation, lymphatic drainage and over time a reduction of prior adhesions and reduction in scar tissue.
When we do not do this work:
- During menstrual bleeding
- Within the first 6 weeks following a normal vaginal delivery or the first 3 months after a c-section
- For a woman using an IUD for birth control
- If cancer is present or suspected anywhere in the pelvis, or the client is undergoing chemotherapy for this condition
- During the first trimester of pregnancy
- Hiatal Hernia – gentle touch only
Normally the uterus leans slightly over the bladder in the centre of the pelvis, about one and a half inches above the pubic bone. It is held in this position by muscles, the vaginal wall and ligaments that attach it to the back, front, and sides of the pelvis. Uterine ligaments are made to stretch to accommodate a growing fetus inside and to move freely when the bladder or bowel is full.
The ligaments and muscles can weaken and loosen, causing the uterus to fall downward, forwards, backward or to either side. A uterus in any of these positions is called tilted or prolapsed. Modern medicine has little or nothing to offer women with this problem. Options may include using the birth control pill, muscle relaxants, or surgery and women are generally told, “your uterus is tipped, but that is normal and don’t worry about it.”
Yet women have many physical and emotional symptoms that can be addressed and prevented with these simple, non-invasive massage techniques. When reproductive organs shift, they can constrict normal flow of blood and lymph, and disrupt nerve connections. Just over half a kilo sitting on blood and lymph vessels can cause havoc throughout the different systems in the body. By shifting the uterus back into optimal place, homeostasis, or the natural balance of the body, is restored in the pelvic area and the surrounding organs.
Toxins are flushed and nutrients that help to tone tissue and balance hormones are restored to normal order. This is essential for healthy pregnancy, labour, and delivery. Old adhesions from invasive treatments to the pelvic and abdominal area, including fibroid tumours, endometriosis, and caesarean delivery are diminished when addressed by uterine massage.
In addition, all structural, digestive, and urinary problems can be helped.
Contact Heather to make a booking to transform your life today!